Objectives and success measures:
- 30% female fund manages by 2030.
- 20% female fund manager by 2026.
- Halving of the 2019 Gender Pay Gaps by 2030.
- Reducing 2019 Gender Pay Gaps by a third by 2026.
- 50:50 male:female recruitment at graduate level.
- Establish a Menopause workstream and produce a Pledge for Member firms to sign up to.
- 40% female intake on early careers.
- Continue to publish Gender Balance by Design case studies.
- Collaboration across other workstreams to improve line management, career progression and inclusive culture joint events.
- Focus on increasing percentage of female fund managers – launch
our new programme Pathway: Developing the female Portfolio Managers of the future.
- All member firms to publish gender pay gap data and to furnish the Diversity Project with other data around gender.
- Continue focusing on Male Allyship.
- Continue to make progress on future of work and opportunities for work-life balance.
- New collaboration with GAIN to improve numbers of women entering industry.
Launching in Jan 2023!
The Diversity Project will be launching our new Pathway programme – a targeted programme to support and develop the female Portfolio Managers of the future.
Its objective is to give the talented women selected by their firms the best opportunity to progress and succeed in becoming Portfolio Managers. 33 members of the Diversity Project have selected c.60 women across different functions to participate in this first ‘pilot’ year.
This is a first class, bespoke programme that has been carefully designed and developed by a group of over 30 professionals within the Diversity Project’s member firms. It will be delivered by existing Portfolio Managers and other experts within our industry. We have designed the curriculum to cover a wide range of relevant topics, including technical and behavioural skills. We also aim to give women plenty of networking opportunities and to meet role models in our industry.
All of the sessions are interactive and designed to maximise impact and allow for individual learning based on your everyone’s own experiences, goals and objectives.
The Pathway programme will officially launch in January 2023, and will include:
- 3 in-person forums for all participants, their sponsors, Pathway trainers and speakers.
- 3 in-person networking breakfasts.
- 12 monthly interactive webinars.
- Access to a real-time collaboration tool that will help participants stay in touch and share content, plus the opportunity to contact all other participants in the programme.