Our industry is not capitalising on the opportunity to hire talented and committed veterans. Our aim is to help employers recognise the valuable, highly transferable skills veterans possess and support veteran employees in understanding how they can thrive in the Investment and Savings Industry.
Encouraging diversity of thought gives us the competitive advantage to enable us to better reflect society and our clients. The wider the pool of talent from which we can draw, the more our businesses will benefit.
Candidates who are highly organised, yet adaptable, disciplined and have the proven ability to lead teams in high pressure situations should be in great demand by Investment and Savings employers but many veterans with these excellent credentials find looking for employment a challenging and sometimes demoralising experience. We need this to change – and the time for change is now.
Our objectives include:
- Increasing awareness by helping firms understand why hiring veterans makes great business sense through events and forums.
- Engage with the Investment and Savings Industry employers to illustrate that diversity and inclusion is part of Defence culture and behaviours and a key component of a successful operating model.
- Encouraging organisations to show their active support for hiring veterans by signing the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Connecting with MOD families’ federations to explain how the Diversity Project can support the partners of serving military personnel in finding employment.
- Working alongside the City Veterans Network, the Officers Association, the MOD Civic engagement teams and other organisations to share best practices and provide support for veteran hiring initiatives