Our mission is to challenge the industry status quo so that people of different races, ethnicities and religions have the opportunities to fulfil their career potential and advance to senior positions in the industry.
The challenge we face
Diversity is invaluable to the success of organisations within our industry, yet the lack of ethnic representation in senior positions is commonplace. Although a diverse representation of people join the industry, we see the majority progress only to mid-level positions. Our aim is to challenge the industry status quo and work towards addressing this inequality through raising awareness, developing skills and building a community for ethnically diverse employees and their allies. Ultimately, we want to increase ethnic representation at senior levels within our industry.
Notwithstanding ethnic, religious, racial or cultural backgrounds, everyone should feel they can bring their true selves to work and have the same opportunities as others to succeed. To strengthen a collective voice, we endeavour to work with other industry partners who share our values and beliefs to further this mission.
We focus on some specific areas:
Share experiences and raise awareness. It is important to flag that we all have a different experience, but it is just as valid.
- Religion and Culture
This will include raising awareness of different religions and the impact of culture within the workplace.
To explore the layering of challenges of race and ethnicity with other intersectional diversity dimensions. There are overlaps with other workstreams that we will aim to explore to ensure that the race and ethnicity is considered within initiatives and campaigns.
- Career progression
Recruit, retain and progress, with a focus on senior representation and progression.
Our goals are to:
- Create stronger partner relationships with Reboot and City Hive for a more joined up approach and greater impact
- Plan and execute on the 90% campaign, which works towards increasing the ethnicity disclosure rates within the Investment Management and Savings Industry, working closely with industry partners, raising awareness and also sharing best practice with firms. …
- Further leverage the Fish out of Water campaign by running awareness sessions and roundtables to share learnings and promote organisations to roll-out to their people.
- Launch embRACEyourcareer video series and the 100 Hours initiative.
- Launch a video series regarding different Religions to raise awareness, EmbRACE Religion.
- Ensure that there is Intersectional consideration in all Diversity Project campaigns and initiatives and work closely with all workstreams.
- Partner with City Hive and take part in the cross company mentoring programme alongside #TalkAboutBlack.
- Work with Reboot to highlight the importance of Ethnicity Pay Gap reporting and use this to further promote the importance of the 90% Campaign.
- To work towards increasing the awareness of the workstream.