Women Returners partnered with the Diversity Project to launch a new pilot cross-company returnship programme within the Investment and Savings Sector in 2020. There were 5 participating organisations: BNY Mellon, BlackRock, Fidelity International, Schroders and Willis Towers Watson
Each employer hired between 1-5 returners on a 6-month (virtual) returnship placement.
- 82% of programme participants were offered on-going roles within their organisation
- 11 returners participated in the programme
- 91% women
- 36% from black, Asian or minority ethnic backgrounds
- Length of career breaks ranged from 2 to 14 years with an average of 6 years
- Predominantly front-office roles at Analyst, Manager, VP and Director level
- Programme is re-running in 2021, with 60% increase in employer participation. 4 out of 5 of initial employers are participating, with new employers Aviva Investors, Janus Henderson, LGIM and Standard Life Aberdeen.