Wealth and Asset Management Chapter #includedAWM
The group has formed organically from a grass-roots level through a common agreement that many of the D&I related issues facing respective firms are farther reaching and industry related. The members of #includedAWM are employees of a range of different firms, job roles and experience across the Wealth and Asset Management industry, joined with a common desire to improve D&I.
#includedAWM aims to improve the diversity of talent applying to Wealth and Asset Management industry, with a particular focus on entry level and junior jobs. The representatives from member firms are working together to meet this goal. Within this broader objective, #includedAWM is looking to improve education around the industry, what it stands for and the fundamental role is plays in society. #includedAWM believes a sea change in the range of applicants applying for roles in the industry and a push to appeal to a more diverse demographic would be transformative to diversity in the industry.
We acknowledge that diversity is a challenge across businesses in the Asset and Wealth Management sector. However, we hope a focus on recruitment at the most junior level ensures that the whole industry will benefit in years to come from a more diverse workforce.
Representatives from the member firms have created the following goals for #includedAWM:
- Attract a diverse pool of new talent at an entry level into the Wealth and Asset Management industry.
- Raise the profile of the Wealth and Asset Management industry to wider society by educating and promoting the positive value it serves.
- Use the pan-industry group's voice and influence to increase levels of financial inclusion and education in society across different demographics.
We have begun our journey to achieve these goals, by putting the following action:
- Group sponsorship – the member firms looks for opportunities where they can meet #includedAWM goals through group sponsorship. By collaborating, a broader cross-section of society and be touched.
- Sharing best practice – the member firms are able to learn from each of the other firms about which D&I related initiatives or policies are working and feedback to their respective businesses. The representatives meet once a quarter, applying Chatham House rules to get the most out of the sessions.
Schroders – Policies and communication
Rathbones - Rathbones is offering financial education courses to women, young people and their staff. Follow the link to find out more.
LGT Vestra – Supporting the Women in Finance Charter