The Diversity Project advocates Mental Health First Aid training as a standard for member firms.
However, there are a number of questions and points we have heard which should be answered:
- What is Mental Health First Aid training?
- Are we training staff to be counsellors?
- What is the follow up to the training?
- How can this be prioritised over so many other organisational requirements?
- Is Mental Health First Aid training the only solution?
We attempted to answer the above with a short presentation and a panel Q&A session to further explore both the training and alternatives.