Their qualitative analysis focuses on the progression of Black colleagues into leadership positions across the UK financial services industry. On 22 April this year, New Financial LLP launched their report into Accelerating Black Inclusion.
Meet the Speakers:
- Keynote speaker: Gavin Lewis, Manging Director, BlackRock
- FCA speaker: Charlie Gluckman, Head of Redress & Consumer Insight, Financial Conduct Authority
- Keynote speaker: Yasmine Chinwala, Partner, New Financial and co-author of Accelerating Black Inclusion report
We will hear from the report’s lead-author Yasmine Chinwala who will host a fireside chat with the Financial Conduct Authority about their Financial Lives Survey, focusing on how ethnic minorities experience interactions with financial services. There will be an opportunity to ask the FCA questions in a live Q&A.
#TalkAboutBlack, a partner in this research, has convened an expert panel to discuss the report’s findings.
- Saskia Bennett, Product Development, Wellington Management
- Nicolas Janvier, Head the U.S. Equities-EMEA, Columbia Threadneedle
- Darren Johnson, ED & COO, Impax Asset Management
- Anji Kang-Stewart, Global Head of Marketing, Man Group
- Dawid Konotey-Ahulu, Founder & Board Director Redington
Some of the key points addressed will be:
- Understanding the Black experience in our workplaces
- The need for Perfection
- Excessive Work-load and Burden
- Threat of businesses losing their senior Black professionals
- What actions should businesses be taking on the back of the report?
- Is the Black experience similar to the mixed-race experience?
- How does this compare to other ethnicities?