Deadline date: 28 February 2019
Owing to rapid growth of the Diversity Project, we are recruiting for a talented person to help us streamline administrational processes, improve efficiencies and underpin the operational working of the project. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with stakeholders across the investment and savings industry and to be involved in a movement which is innovative. Everybody involved in the project is open, inclusive and committed to working towards a collective goal. We are also fun, engaging and passionate about using our own diversity of thought to create last and positive change.
Do you love organising? Have a keen eye for detail? Self-motivated? Ready to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in? Interested in Diversity and Inclusion? We are looking for a Personal or Virtual Assistant to join on a flexible basis which is expected to become a longer term arrangement.
The Diversity Project is an industry-wide initiative which aims to create a more inclusive culture in the investment and savings industry. The Diversity Project now has over 50 member firms and 14 active working groups focused on different dimensions of diversity and inclusion. We are looking for an individual to help us with our operations and administration. Specifically, we need help with:
- Maintaining membership information including key contacts and ensuring that distribution lists and information about our members on the website are kept up to date
- Working with the DP Project Manager to support new member firms and ensure that they are added to relevant distribution lists, have access to our document sharing platform (Basecamp) and that we have the information we need for the DP website
- Arranging meetings of our Board, Advisory Council and Steering Committee including putting together agendas, meeting packs and drafting minutes
- Ensuring that all key information is posted on our document sharing platform, Basecamp.
- Provide support for our working groups (or workstreams) including helping to arrange meetings, sharing best practice on workstream organisation, ensuring that key information is posted on Basecamp and that all members of the workstream have access, helping to collate key information on current practices across the member firms
- Ensuring that all the workstreams are providing monthly updates
- Supporting marketing with the mailing list for our quarterly enewsletter
- Liaising with the Investment Association on the annual cycle of financial contributions from member firms
- Ensuring that member firms and the individuals involved in the DP receive regular communications on activity across the project
- Maintaining key documents including the new member pack
- Contacting member firms for their annual selfassessments of compliance with the ten commitments.
We anticipate that this role would take the equivalent of two days a week and could be done flexibly ie from home, outside office hours, to suit the individual. Once we have established how much time is required, we would like to move to a retainer relationship with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following characteristics and skills:
- Proven organisation skills
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel and other office applications
- Initiative and selfmotivation – this role will suit a self-starter used to progressing projects without much day to day guidance
- Strong people skills – an ability to build strong relationships is vital
- Creative – we are looking for someone who will be able to develop new ways of doing things that will improve our overall efficiency and effectiveness.
The Diversity Project values diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process please tell us.
Do you think that you could help us make a difference?
We would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV along with a short covering note to outline why you feel this opportunity is for you together with your hourly rates. Tell us why you are great!
Contact: Jane Welsh, Project Manager, Diversity Project
[email protected] by 28 February 2019